Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Noses and Tails

Well I've been working fairly steadily on the boat - although visible progress has been minimal. Over a course of a couple weeks I was able to glass both sides of the side panels. The second side, I landed up doing over a weekend and that was a much better idea that spreading it out over a longer period which required sanding between flowcoats. This time I also found some decent roller covers that made getting a smooth coat much easier!

Also got the transom cut out, beveled, and one side glassed.




The most fun was building the stem. I wanted to let in the sides so that they'd be flush with the stem so that required a bit of a funky cut. After some fiddling around, my neighbor, Bob, and I came up with a stem that should work well and looks great too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home