Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Rear Seat, Deck, and Achor Tube

The rear seat is going to be a rope seat mounted on top of a regular bench-type seat top. At first I'll probably just leave the rope seat out until I have to time add it in the future. Below the rear seat will be a locker providing dry storage.

The first step in building the seat was to mark out the 2 seat supports. I decided to mount the seat pretty high so the front of the supports mount just below the gunnels. The supports were mounted with epoxy and a few supporting screws.
Cutting out the seat bench was a royal pain. It took lots of tweaking with a hand plane before I had it close to done. The little gaps that remain will become the victims of epoxy and a decent fillet!
 
Having got the supports mounted and the seat cut, I started on the rear deck. The boat slants sharply forward right below the rear seat so I'm creating a 4" high level deck which will cover up the anchor tube and provide the rear fisherman with a decent casting platform. To support the deck I cut out and epoxied 3 cross supports cut out to accept the anchor tube.
 
 
The anchor tube was made from 1" aluminum tubing with a 1/8" wall and 3/4" ID. Bending it was a bit of a pain but I managed to get it done.

I epoxied the anchor tube in place, bracing it in a few places with some strips of wood. I don't think it's going anywhere soon...
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home